Crazy Week (Sleep Training #2)


So this week has been interesting to say the least.  Thursday marked my 30th birthday and what Daddy didn’t tell me had taken me away for the evening.  This was a surprise, I had arranged to stay at my Mother’s (Mama Wood’s) Tuesday evening to watch my sister performing in Blackpool, so the JAM’s sleep routine was all messed up.

Tuesday he slept in a travel cot in Mama Wood’s bedroom until he awoke.  After that the JAM was on the sofa waiting for me to arrive back asleep on his Nana.  JAM slept in Auntie L’s bed with what Daddy didn’t tell me and I so not a normal night at all.  I don’t think it was helpful for him to be in a new setting with the smell of Mummy’s breastmilk pretty much in his face for the entire night.  Needless to say, there was not much sleeping going on and I wish the travel cot had been set up in Auntie L’s room, but hey ho, my lack of sleep was redeemed in the Lake District Wednesday evening.

Wednesday, I’m not sure how the JAM slept, other than I know he was in the travel cot in his Nana’s room for the night.  Mama Wood informed me that he seemed a little disappointed that I wasn’t around in the morning, but due to the last time what Daddy didn’t tell me and I spent away from him, he coped really well.  I however awoke at 4am and needed to hand express in the bath, with help from the steam as I was in agony.  Despite the pain, was still a better night sleep than usual with only one waking.

Thursday, we were back at home all together and my princesses Ice and Rae Rae arrived.  It was nice to all be together on my 30th.  What Daddy didn’t tell me’s parents came up to celebrate too and out we went to ‘Ming Dynasty’ our local chinese restaurant.  It was a late one and JAM slept in his buggy most of the meal.  Surprisingly, he went down in his cot really easily considering the days away from it and lack of routine.  Crying was minimal and he awoke 3 times, the last of which was at 6am ish, so that was ok.

I can’t really remember much else about the weekend now, it has been a hard week with my extended family and I still haven’t celebrated turning 30 with my nearest and dearest.  I am very grateful for my inlaws making it a special occassion, but cannot wait for various illnesses etc to correct themselves so that I can see my sisters and brothers for a family meal.

On the whole, this blog is to point out that despite lack of routine, it is surprising how quickly babies can adjust back to their home environment.  The JAM has slept well in his cot as usual.  I haven’t really had the brain capacity to process weaning him back into his room yet, due to many things.  Shouldn’t be too long though 😉

Here’s hoping…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s